Monday 23 May 2011

In My Mailbox #6

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi @The Story Siren.

I won a competition! I haven't won anything since I was at school and there were raffles. So excited; a big thank you to Chicklish for my fantastic prize which was:


Only The Good Spy Young by Ally Carter
The 4th (and for now, last) book in the Gallagher series is mine, along with a very cool canvas bag with the Gallagher Academy logo printed on it. I love, love, love the UK covers for these books, not only because they're super-cute but also because they faithfully produce images that match exactly with what's written in the books. When so many front covers can't even get the colour of a main character's hair right, I really appreciate that kind of detail.

And my swapping and library borrowing continues with:



XVI by Julia Karr
From a swap from ReadItSwapIt. This has been one of the big YA releases this year. I've read some mixed reviews of it, so I'm not sure what I'll think, but I still wanted to read it myself and form my own opinion.

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
From North Kensington Library. I actually downloaded the free version of this book when it was available, thinking that I would be getting a Kindle soon. However, my monetary situation at the moment means that heaven only knows when I'll be able to afford an electronic device, so I borrowed this paperback edition to ensure I do read this. I love the synopsis; it totally sounds like a story I'll love.

An Education by Lynn Barber
Central Library. I've wanted to read this ever since I saw and adored the film.

Wuthering High by Cara Lockwood
From North Kensington Library. I thought this sounded like such a cute concept and I'm hoping this is a nice light read. MTV Books publishes Jenny O'Connell and Jennifer Echols, so I'm hoping I enjoy Cara Lockwood as much as I enjoy those two.


That's it for this week!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read XVI since forever and a day, and 13 Little Blue Envelopes looks cool as well. Enjoy reading

    I'm a new follower btw! :)

    Take a look at what's in my mailbox.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.