Tuesday 19 June 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Summer TBR List


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish.


Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR List



10. The Summer Series by Jenny Han


I read the first book last summer, so the next three months are the perfect time to finish off this series. Jenny Han gives readers the perfect summer fantasy: a house on the beach, with a plethora of hot boys next door.


9. Pizza, Love and Other Stuff That Made Me Famous by Kathryn Williams


This looks so cute. Released in August, the combination of food and reality TV has me looking forward to a quirky read.


8. Changeling by Philippa Gregory


Philippa Gregory's books are always great beach reads; I'm hoping her first YA novel is no different.


7. The Dairy Queen trilogy by Catherine Gilbert Murdock


I only recently discovered this fabulous series and plan to finish it in the next few months. They're perfect summer books: Who wouldn't want to spend summer with a great gal like D. J Schwenk?


6. The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen


I've read great reviews of this and just picked up a copy from the library. Royalty, castles, treasonous plots - I'm looking forward to getting stuck in.


5. When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle


Surely summer is the time for a love story? I'm a bit apprehensive about this Romeo and Juliet retelling, as I know it turns Juliet into a villain. But a lot of people love it, so I'm willing to give it a try.


4. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas


How bad-ass does this book look? It's released in August and I can't wait.


3. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake


I really enjoyed Anna Dressed in Blood and the great reviews for the sequel have me counting down the days until the 7th of August.


2. The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M. Danforth


I bought a copy of this a couple of months ago, but it's quite a long book and I've been waiting for the right time when I can take my time with it and enjoy it uninterrupted. I think summer is the right time.


1. For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund


Diana Peterfreund is one of my favourite current authors and Persuasion, one of my favourite Jane Austen novels. Because I've followed Diana's development of this book on her blog, I feel like I've been waiting a long time for this retelling and am so glad it's finally been released, just in time for summer.



10 comments:

  1. Lots of great titles on your summer list! I have a few of them on my TBR list as well, might get to them this summer.

    My top 10: http://sosimplesara.blogspot.com/2012/06/whats-on-my-summer-tbr-list.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Especially #1, that one's been near the top of my list ever since I heard of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list!! These all look good. I like that version of the cover for Throne of Glass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! Cameron Post is a book that deserves patience and taking your time. It's very wonderful.

    ALSOOOOO For Darkness Shows The Stars is great, at least the bit I've read so far.

    I have the Summer series and Throne Of Glass on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YIS! For Darkness Shows the Stars sounds fab! Really want to read that. But not as much as I want to read Throne of Glass. Because let's be honest, that Heroine sounds like she can KICK SOME BUTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting list! Throne of Glass is one I also want to read at some point. Hope you get to all of them - and enjoy them all :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! I have most of these on my TBR for summer too :D
    My Top Ten Tuesday: http://booknookgirl.blogspot.com/2012/06/top-ten-tuesday-summer-to-be-read.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Summer series is SO GOOD! I cried through every book :) Thanks for visiting Elegantly Bound Books!

    Crystal @ Elegantly Bound Books

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to read The Summer series as well but I keep putting it off. It's not summer for me here anymore as well. I'll wait till next year I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Out tastes must be pretty similar because I want to read all of these! I'm listening to the first Summer book right now :)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.