Wednesday 21 November 2012

Scarlet Read-Along: Quote or teaser of the week (3)


This is the week where I really started to love Scarlet's relationship with Robin, so I want to select some quotes that show why:


I knew my heart weren't never too sure 'bout many things, but if I could, I wanted to be sure for Rob. That way when his heart stumbled, I could be sure for the both of us. (p. 113)

"It's not that I see through you," he told me. "It's that I see you. You don't want anyone to see you, but I do." (p. 114)

My fingers crushed tight into his skin, clawing him like if I could break the skin we'd be connected by blood, and I could comfort him and he could see into me without me having to speak out loud. (p. 130)

A hiccup jumped from my throat, and Rob twisted me somehow so I were tucked against his big chest, restrained like a dog. He held tight, painful tight, my breath rushing out over my teeth, and I wondered if it were me holding him or him holding me. (p. 131)


I love that there's tenderness, pain and hope in their every encounter and I'm really rooting for them both to find some inner peace and happiness, either together or apart.

2 comments:

  1. AHHH!!!! Beautiful. I loved all these parts too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *sigh* These are all fantastic quotes. There's just something about Scarlet and Robin together...they need each other to heal, I think. I love the slow progression of their relationship, and I'm so curious to find out what happens.

    ReplyDelete

If you visit this blog, please comment! I really do appreciate and read every one and try to answer back as much as possible.